Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kartong

Kartong
As mentioned earlier, I went on an overnight camping trip to Kartong. Kartong is located south, near the Senegalise border. It is a quiet beach spot, with a waves and very few people. I brought with me from Australia a tent, thermarest (self inflating thin foam mattress) and a sleeping bag. I camped on the beach with a few other vso volunteers at a camping spot called BoBoi. BoBoi has tree houses and small huts for rent. We pay 150 dalasi ($7.50) to camp on the beach and use their toilet and showering facilities. (showering consists of a bucket and cup).It was lovely to walk on the beach without being hassled by bumsters. There is always something magical about sleeping on the beach, hearing the sound of waves close by and breathingin the salty air. A place I look forward to returning to.

No comments: