Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The motorbike journey to Soma – March 10th

What an adenture this turned out to be. The plan was to leave at 8am and then arrive by 11am to my house.. I was travelling with the instructor Lamin, we left 2 and half hours later than planned... so i just hung around waiting at the bike garage.. i also needed to carry 20L full jerry can on the back.. i was worried about the extra weight travelling through sand.. but i had no choice.. we crossed 3 ferrries in total. These are old and i needed to run up the ramp with my bike.. wasnt easy... especially when the ferry is packed with people and vehichles. After about 3 hours of travelling, Lamin stopped at a village, I was keen to get to soma.. I wanted to sort out my house..we ended up staying here for 2 hours!! Ahhhh!! Lamin siad the heat would not allow his bike to run sweet...it was over 40 degrees..Finaly we were off again.. arrived at my house at 7pm.. there was no key to get in.. the land lady was found after 30 min and I was then let into my house.. turned on the light but there was no light globes..i also needed to get my bike inside.. ended up crashing it on the porch.. and needed to lift it up.. very heavy.. the day couldnt get much better really... there was stuff all over my house the place.. ..managed to get light bulbs and began sorting out my furniture, unpacked fridge etc. went to bed exhausted... but looking forward to unpacking all my stuff the following day. I have bought so much.. pots, pan, glasses, mugs, sheets, pillows, towels, floor mat, plastic conatainers, food, cans, plates, bowls, cutlery, utencils, plastic shelf, lots of sealed buckets for storing water.. rubbish etc, At last I have a home!!!

No comments: